About Bishnupur Dev Block
Bishnupur was ruled under the Gupta period by local Hindu kings who paid tribute to Samudra Gupta. Following a long period of obscurity, where the land oscilated between being a minor independent principality and a vassal state. The land is also called Mallabhum after the Malla rulers of this place. The Malla rulers were Vaishnavites and built the famous terracotta temples during the 17th and 18th century at this place. The terracotta temples here are the best specimen of the classical style of Bengal architecture. The legends of Bipodtarini Devi are associated with Malla Kings of Bishnupur.
Bishnupur (the distance from Kolkata is 132 km), now the headquarters of the subdivision of the same name in Bankura district, is a seat of crafts and culture.
For almost a thousand years it was the capital of the Malla kings of Mallabhum, of which Bankura was a part, till their power waned during the times when Mughal Empire weakened under the last monarchs of the dynasty.
The patronage of Malla king Veer Hambir and his successors Raja Raghunath Singha and Veer Singha made Bishnupur one of the principal centres of culture in Bengal. Most of the exquisite terracotta temples for which town is justly famous were built during this period.
Apart from the unique architecture of the period, Bishnupur is also famous for its terracotta craft and its own Baluchari sarees made of tussar silk.
Royal patronage also gave rise to Bishnupur Gharana (school) of Hindustani classical music .
Email your suggestion at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1536 : Construction of Minority Hostel at Bagdogra siddika Madrasha High School
- 835 dt 17-05-13 : Repairing & renovation works of some sub centre
- 956(11) dt 22.04.13 : Fire Extinguisher
- 698 dt 18-04-13 : NIT 1 to 5 under IMDP Schemes
- 817 dt. 04-04-13 : Construction of Mid-day-Meal Kitchen Shed with Store Room at Namomajuria Jr. High School under Bankadaha G.P.
- 430 dt. 04.03.13 : Const. of School Toilets
- 427 dt.04.03.2013 : Construction of Boundry Wall at Kulaijuri, Jl no. 134, Plot no 250 at Morar G.P.
- 327 dt. 13.02.2013 : Repairing and Renovation of Sub Health Centre at Uliara
- 309(18) : Const. of Gourd wall at peddya under Morar GP
- 2009 dt 21.12.2012 : Renovation of Panchayat Samity Building, Repair of Dalaldanga Sub Centre, Community Latrine at Baitalmore
FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Dept. of Panchayats and Rural Development
- Govt. of West Bengal
- Bankura NIC
- Election Department of Paschim Medinipur
- Finance Department,
- Government of West Bengal
- MGNREGA | NREGA, PASCHIM MEDINIPUR
- Official Site of Government of West Bengal
- Paschim Medinipur Zilla Parishad
- Official Website of Paschim Medinipur